Saturday, January 7, 2012

Abstract

So I've decided that weekdays will be daily doodle days and weekends will be post other stuff days. Today I decided on posting some abstract things. I'm not a big fan of abstract stuff although i seem to accidentally create them every now and then.

This one happens to be one of those happy accidents. I was sort of covering a canvas with gestural strokes and then went to sleep. i woke up thought it looked cool and added some vertical lines to make it more of a finished piece then just called it finished.


This piece is one from tyler. We were given piles of magazines and had to make a color composition out of scraps and then paint it in oils on a 30x40in canvas. I'm pretty sure this is my biggest piece as of right now.


After success with my first one of the assignment above i decided to do a second one. the purple-tan parts didn't turn out very well.. and this doesn't one doesn't have the benefit of having a size wow factor. Of all my pieces, my dad still decided to take this one to hang in his office...

This one is another accident. its a painting on top of a painting on top of a painting with ink on top. this is actually a transition state of me reusing a canvas but again, it looked cool and so I snapped a photo of it.


This is a black and white doodle i did last week with an abstract contest. not much to say. There's lots of scattered objects to pick out if you look at it.


Well....
What kind of blog post would this be if it didn't have a completely unrelated picture at the end? 

Who wants to write the book for me?

Until next time, I'm out. Not sure if i'll post tomorrow or not but I'll definitely be back monday with more doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment