Saturday, December 31, 2011

Charcoal Drawings

So here's the next post. Likely the last one of 2011. Here's to all the charcoal stuff i've done in the past 6 months or so. Sadly I don't have 2 of my better pieces (1 of which most people agree is one of my best pieces) because they happen to be of nudes and at least for now I'm keeping this family friendly.

--------------------

These first two are both from a drawing class at tyler school of art, and my first charcoal pieces. both are extremely uninteresting to look at because of the lack of value in them and the subject matter is so damn boring that I don't really want to go back and fix them up.

This is yet another drawing from tyler this summer, but from the portfolio "boot camp" (I highly recommend this class to anyone serious about building a portfolio) Anyway I don't particularly like it and thing the position is awkward and unrealistic looking, but multiple teachers/reviewers have said they like it so...

This is one of my favorites of my charcoal pieces based on subject matter. Its looking down the steps at my grandparents house up in Maine. My only regrets with this one is A) not being able to get a good picture of it and B)using to small of a piece of paper

 ...And back to tyler - Another still life but this one actually came out well. this was to large pieces of canson drawing paper tapped together making a big piece that was something like 36x24in (I think) I apparently love drawing fabric. The bottle was a pain but on the up side, this was my first good charcoal piece (this was the first thing we did in the portfolio class)


 And another piece from the portfolio class. This one was weird because I had had figure out how to make this starch white reflective half jar thing (which everyone else avoided drawing) look like it was glowing because of the light directly on it. I'm pretty sure i ran out of white charcoal soon after this one.




I also have 2-3 more pieces in progress, but they're in school right now and I don't have pictures. Anyway. peace out. Also, I was playing around with Inkscape (No I still don't have adobe illustrator) and ended up with this aztec calendar in honor of the 2012 new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment