Friday, December 30, 2011

Watercolor

Just mostly caught up on the sleep I lost during convention after sleeping until about noon. Here's the next set of past works I''m posting up here.

-------------------------------

These first 4 are all from last year, when I used watercolors for the first time since freshman year in general art survey. there is a 5th one, but I'm not sure where the last one went nor did I take a picture. I had worked on it during IC in Orlando last year so I'm Guessing i gave it away to somebody and just don't remember who.

This one is a landscape that i tried to paint from a book as my first water color. for my first watercolor I think it came out well.

So this was my experiment with painting around things to leave them white. it came out well and was good practice since to this day i still refuse to use masking fluid to keep white areas. I was painting from a picture in a book but then proceeded to lose the book in a stack one day into it.



So here's what was my first attempt at a watercolor still life. There's not a huge amount to say about it aside from that it took a really long time. and the table looks like it curves weirdly but no big deal.


 This is my most recent watercolor. Its a nice sunset picture (everyone likes sunsets) i really like how the sun in the middle came out but I don't like the clouds on the right side. of course i can't fix it because water colors suck like that... I played around cropping it by matting it differently but it didn't do much.



And here's a continuation of my previous work in progress as I desperately try to not screw up the water.

Well thats all for now. Happy new years although I'll probably post more before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment